So here’s the dilemma: we all want to eat healthy, but sometimes it’s just impossible to cook food at home every day. This could be because:
· You’re in college or grad school and you don’t have a kitchen to cook in, and you either have no fridge or a very tiny fridge
· You’re a busy professional, your fridge is empty and you use your oven for storage
· You always find yourself on the go: you’re traveling on planes often or just never at home
· You just don’t like to cook, but you still want to eat healthy
· You have kids and a full time job, but still want to give your family healthy options
I have been in most of these situations in the past! When I was in college, I never cooked and it was really hard for me to figure out which snacks were the healthiest to eat. And when I traveled as a consultant post-college, I was always on the go and didn’t want to survive on airplane or airport food all the time. And I’m sure when I have kids, I’ll be much too busy to cook every meal, every day. For all of you who are in similar situations, here is a list of my top 20 healthy snacks (many of which are portable and packaged, but still all-natural and preservative free). I’ve divided them into two groups: the all-naturals, and the packaged-food-stars. Hope you enjoy these ideas for smart snacking!