The big summer movie season is back and that often means big tubs of popcorn and oversized sodas.
I am a big movie fan, and I know that crunching away while watching the action just seem to go together.
But soda is usually sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, which you can learn more about in "Worse Than Sugar: High – Fructose Corn Syrup"
So I want a snack that is healthy and will keep me satisfied until the credits roll.
So here are my top summer movie snack picks, which also work pretty well throughout the year:
- Air-popped popcorn, homemade
- Dry-roasted nuts—almonds, walnuts or cashews
- Baked chips, such as tortilla chips
- Lowfat mozzarella cheese sticks
- Sliced fresh fruit—apples, pears, peaches, nectarines
- Fresh berries—strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Lowfat plain yogurt with fresh fruit
- Carrot or celery sticks
- Broccoli florets
Packing a drink is also important, and here are my favorites: