There's no better motivation than swimsuit season to get your body in gear for the beach. Sure, a fabulous pedicure and spray tan can work wonders, but there's not much you can do to conceal bulges or jiggles once you're wearing that itsy bitsy bikini.
It's time to fast track to get your body in peak fat-burning condition. By combining the right foods and beverages and amplifying your workouts, your bod will be in head-turning shape all summer long. Follow these simple steps to help achieve the sexy summer you.
1. Fiber helps us feel full (so we eat less) and keeps us regular. It's also abundantly found in foods that are also naturally rich in vitamins and antioxidants to help slow the aging process. Aim for 25 to 35 grams per day.
2. Antioxidant-rich, fiber-rich foods are often very brightly pigmented. Spinach, tomatoes, avocados, citrus fruits, berries and squashes are just a few of the whole fruits and vegetables to include in your stay-fit plan
3. Start with a high-fiber breakfast of complex carbohydrates. Try crispy whole grain cereal, a berry-studded bran muffin or chewy nine-grain bread.
4. Fiber up your sandwich. Switching to whole grain bread and adding tomato, lettuce, onion or shredded carrot can easily add five or more grams of fiber to your meal.
5. Stock up on whole grains. Brown rice or quinoa -- they're loaded with fiber and nutrients.